Personal Knowbase Reader is a viewer for data files created by Personal Knowbase freeform information management software. Share your Knowbase content with friends or co-workers, even those who don't have a copy of Personal Knowbase. PK Reader gives associates read-only access to files, so they can view, search, export, and print Knowbase articles, while preventing accidental changes to data.
Personal Knowbase is a flexible note manager that handles a large number of notes. This information organizer is like a virtual index card system, except that each card has no space limitations, and you can access all related cards together by tagging them with keywords.
PK Reader reads files created by Personal Knowbase version 2, 3, or 4. Multiple PK Reader users can read Knowbase files simultaneously on a network. Install on a CD for easy documentation distribution. Runs on a portable USB drive. Free for personal use.
» version 4.1 - posted on 2016-08-31
Enhancements for multiple attachments and keyword groups
» version 3.0.5 - posted on 2007-01-20
Supports Personal Knowbase version 2 and 3 files
Use of the Personal Knowbase Reader Software is subject to the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms, you must cease use of the Software. Continued use of the Software indicates acceptance of these terms.
Ownership of the Software
1. The Personal Knowbase Reader Software ('the Software') and the accompanying files are owned by Bitsmith Software and are protected by United States copyright laws, by laws of other nations, and by international treaties.
2. The Software is provided 'as is'. Bitsmith Software disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The entire risk for the use of the Software is assumed by the user.
3. Bitsmith Software does not assume liability for damages, including loss of profit, lost savings, damage to equipment or data, or other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the Software.
4. Bitsmith Software's entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be return of the price paid for the Software.
5. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Software has resulted from modification, accident, abuse, or misapplication.
Restrictions on Use
6. Bitsmith Software grants the right to use the Software free for personal use only. A software license is required for business or government use.
7. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software. You may not modify the Software in any manner.
8. Any suggestions concerning the Software which you send to Bitsmith Software become the property of Bitsmith Software.
9. Bitsmith Software provides free technical support by email to Personal Knowbase Reader users. However, we reserve the right to terminate support to users with unusual system problems beyond the scope of the Software and to users requesting support for 3rd-party products (such as the Windows operating system).
10. Bitsmith Software reserves all rights not specifically granted in this license.
11. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America.
12. Notice to U.S. Government End Users. The Software and Documentation are 'Commercial Items,' as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of 'Commercial Computer Software' and 'Commercial Computer Software Documentation,' as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §§227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States. Bitsmith Software, P.O. Box 84, Pinole, CA 94564, USA.